#EdEquityVA Webinar Series
As a follow-up to the 2019 Virginia is for ALL Learners Education Equity Summer Institute, the Virginia Department of Education will host a monthly series of webinars focused on equity strategies and resources available to school divisions.
Through the diverse expertise of our partners and presenters, our goal is to offer relevant and engaging sessions to Virginia educators.
All webinars will take place from 3:00-4:30 PM. Registration links will be active in the topic column below once available.
|August 13, 2019||Applying an Equity Lens to Data you Already Collect (DIY Equity Dashboard)||Dr. Jennifer Piver-Renna, VDOE|
|September 10, 2019||Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy||TBD, IDRA-Equity Assistance Center|
October 8, 2019 |
Hispanic Heritage Month
|Strategies to support LatinX and Dual Language Learners||Dr. Ingrid Colón, New America|
November 5, 2019 |
Family Engagement Month
|Communication is not Engagement: Advancing Equity Through Family Efficacy||Dr. Steve Constantino, Author, National Expert|
|December 10, 2019||Equity in STEM Education||Dr. Paula Johnson, IDRA-Equity Assistance Center|
- Positive/Inclusive School Culture
- Diverse, Culturally Competent Leaders and Educators (Teacher Recruitment and Retention)
- Reframing School Discipline – Strategies to Decrease Disproportionality
- Trauma Informed Instruction and Classroom Management
- Culturally Inclusive Practices – PD Resources