Together with partners across the state and in the Governor’s office, the EdEquityVA vision is both strategic and intentionally focused on establishing equity targets, measuring equity outcomes, providing tailored assistance to schools and school leaders, and implementing systemic policy and regulatory changes.
The Virginia Department of Education’s Office of Equity and Community Engagement is charged with leading state efforts to advance education equity, eliminate achievement gaps and increase opportunity, and decrease disproportionality in student outcomes. These efforts are collectively known as EdEquityVA and include the following initiatives:
- –Navigating #EdEquityVA – Virginia’s Equity Audit Tool
- –Virginia is for ALL Learners Education Equity Summer Institute
- –EdEquityVA Monthly Webinar Series
- –EdEquityVA Community of Practice
- –Mary Peake Award for Excellence in Education Equity
- –African American History Education Commission established by Governor Ralph Northam
- –EdEquityVA Monthly Newsletter
- –Culturally Responsive and Inclusive Education Practice Advisory Committee and Teacher Advisory Workgroup
- –EdEquityVA Virtual Summit
- -COVID Response (Recover, Redesign, Restart 2020 & Virginia L.E.A.R.N.S)
- -African American Superintendent’s Advisory Council
Join the conversation and follow our equity work via our twitter by using and searching our hashtag #EdEquityVA on twitter!