Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
The Federal Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program is one of three loan forgiveness programs available to teachers. Under the program, a teacher who has taught full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in certain elementary and secondary schools and educational service agencies that serve low-income families, and meets other qualifications, may be eligible for forgiveness on certain Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans, as well as Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.
Virginia Teaching Scholarship Loan Program (VTSLP)
The primary purpose of the Virginia Teaching Scholarship Loan Program (VTSLP) is to provide financial support to students who are preparing to teach in one of Virginia's critical shortage teaching areas. The critical shortage teaching areas are determined annually through the Supply and Demand Survey for School Personnel, based on data received by school divisions in Virginia. Shortages in specific subject areas are derived from the top 10 academic disciplines identified by the survey as shortage fields.
ESSER III Grants
- Recruitment Initiative for Public Education (RIPE)-This is a PDF document.
- Competitive Grant for Praxis and Virginia Communication & Literacy Assessment Assistance to Support Provisionally Licensed Teachers and Pre-Service Education Candidates Seeking Full Licensure in Virginia-This is a PDF document.
- Continuing Education Support (CES) Grant
- Paid Internship Scholarship Grant for Aspiring Virginia Educators
- Recruitment and Retention Support (RARS) Grant-This is a PDF document.
Other Funding Opportunities
For School Divisions:
- Grow Your Own Teacher Pilot Program-This is a PDF document.
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Teacher Recruitment and Retention Initiative (STEM-TRRI)-This is a PDF document.
- Tuition Scholarships for Licensed High School Teachers to be Considered Faculty to Teach Dual Enrollment-This is a PDF document.
- Grants in support of new teacher mentoring programs and mentor teacher programs for new teachers entering the profession through the Career Switcher Program-This is a PDF document.
For Institutions of Higher Education:
- Teacher Residency Programs
- Troops to Teachers
- Competitive Clinical Faculty Grant
- Competitive Traineeships for Education of Special Education Personnel
- Virginia Consortium for Teacher Preparation in Special Education: Adapted Curriculum
- Virginia Consortium for Teacher Preparation in Visual Impairment